Create a VMK adapter on VSS in the vSphere Web Client
This is a walk-through of how to setup a VMkernel port adapter on a vSphere Standard Switch using the web client.
- Once you’re logged into the web client then navigate to the host to where you would like to setup the vmk adapter:
- Choose Manage, select Networking and then select VMkernel adapters.
3. Click on Add host networking.
- On the Select Connection type page, select VMkernel Network Adapter and click Next
- On the Select target device page, select either an existing standard switch or a New vSphere standard switch. In this example I’m choosing an existing VSS called vSwitch0.
- On the Port properties page, configure the following settings:
Network label (name of vmk adapter): (for example: Management traffic)
VLAN ID: (for example: 666)
TCP/IP stack: (for example: Default)
Enable services: Management traffic
- On the IPv4 settings page, select an option for obtaining an IP address. For this example, I’ve chosen to use a static IP address of 168.199.5 and Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
- On the Ready to complete page then review your setting selections and click on Finish